Are your debts holding you prisoner? Now is your chance to get out of debt!
We believe that Legal Advocates for Consumers in Debt (LACD) has a program to help you become debt-free.
How the LACD attorney supervised payment program works:
- Working with you and your creditors, LACD determines a single affordable monthly payment for you to send us.
- Each month that you send us this payment, we send each creditor in the plan their portion until your bills are paid in full.
- Creditors will usually lower their monthly payment.
- Creditors will usually lower their interest rates.
- Creditors will usually stop any late and over-the-limit fees and also bring your account(s) up to date.
- Creditors will stop calling you because you will have attorney representation.
- As soon as one of your bills is paid in full, the money sent to that creditor is applied to another bill to pay it faster. This is why the payment plan usually takes only 2-4 years to complete.
AS OF AUGUST 1, 2011, LACD IS NOT AVAILABLE IN COLORADO. AND AS OF SEPTEMBER 7, 2011, LACD IS ALSO NOT AVAILABLE IN THE STATES OF CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, NEVADA, RHODE ISLAND, TENNESSEE, AND UTAH.
Also, there is an organization called "Legal Advocates: A Professional Organization". They are not part of our organization.